Monday, March 4, 2013

What Is Security?


What Is Security?

10/22/07

I'm still wondering when people will wake up and realize that there is no such thing as job security. I personally believe that job security hasn't been around since Dwight Eisenhower was president. People still cling to old beliefs and methods that don't work today, and unless we get a change in our mindset, we won't get a change in our situations.
Let me break it down for you:

What People THINK Security Is:

Security (traditional things people have been programmed to make them feel secure)
- A high paying job (Having money to cover all your wants and needs.)
-Working for the government (You'll probably never get fired.)
-Working for a large corporation (The benefits are great and there's a lot of room for advancement.)
-Money in the bank (Nice to have a cushion in case things go wrong.)
-Investing in stocks and bonds (Extra income without having to work a lot of extra hours.)
-A retirement plan (Great to be able to look forward to that day when you won't have to work anymore.)
-Medical and life insurance (If you get sick or are injured, there won't be any financial worries for you or your loved ones.)
-Working for a small company (where everybody knows everybody else, and you'll pull together, working cooperatively.)
-Working for yourself (More control of your own financial life.)
-Marrying somebody rich (You'll never again have to bother your own head about making money.)
-Having a gun in your house (The police department is so overworked, self-protection is becoming a fact of life.)
-Owning real estate (Legend has it that you can never lose there.)
-A burglar alarm system (You need to protect what you have.)
If you master the art of business, you will no longer have to be a slave to a job or dependent on the stability of the economy. A truly good business person can make money doing anything. Also to be a good business person you have to be a kind and open human being.

What Security REALLY Is:

1.)Working when I want, where I want, and with whom I want.
2.)Knowing how to enjoy prosperity whether the general economy is up or down.
3.)Being willing to lose everything and knowing I'll be wiser for it when I get it back.
4.)Not having to work at anything I don't want to.
5.)Not spending hours each week in commuter traffic.
6.)Achieving everything I want without damaging myself, my family, the environment, or anyone else.
7.)The ability to increase or decrease my income at will.
8.)Freedom from all money worries.
9.)Freedom to live where I choose.
10.)Traveling with pay and enjoying frequent vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment